Recently, we went on a road trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama and let me tell you, hotels are in abundance. So, how do you choose the best hotel for you? Well, halt the search because I’ve found the best hotel in Gulf Shores!
The Best Hotel in Gulf Shores
We stayed at Hilton The Lodge at Gulf State Park and it was wonderful. Here’s what I loved about it:
- The coolest thing from the hotel was that the condensation from the air conditioners in each room is gathered, filtered, and pumped to fill the hotel swimming pool. Talk about thinking outside the box to help the environment!
- Centrally located
- This hotel is right in between the excitement of Gulf Shores and the very popular Orange Beach – without paying ridiculous prices for staying in Orange Beach. The best places to eat in Gulf Shores were all within a 15 minute drive.
- Fits any vacation
- David and I were visiting for a romantic getaway but there were also plenty of families at the hotel. The best part is that this hotel is perfect for any type of vacation!
- Comfortable room
- The bed was comfy, the view from the room was amazing, and the water pressure in the shower was incredibly. Plus, the room was incredibly clean!
- Views on views & right on the beach
- Enough said. You go to Gulf Shores to be at the beach and this hotel cannot put you any closer.
Now, in all honesty, we didn’t have the greatest vacation in Gulf Shores. When we visited, a hurricane was forming in the Gulf so the water was rough and did not live up to the “Emerald Coast” name. Plus, there were jellyfish and sting rays in the water so we really weren’t able to enjoy the water.
But, this hotel in Gulf Shores ranks as one of the best I’ve stayed at in a long time (right behind the hotel we stayed at in Denver).
Want to compare Gulf Shores with Destin, Florida? Read my posts about Destin here and here to decide for yourself which vacation is better for you. Also, check out my post here for a packing list for your next beach vacation.